Dell Don’t Want All Of VMware

HELEN CODY | July 13, 2018

article image
The Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Dell Inc. Michael Dell, said in an interview about the recent acquisition, what they wanted to accomplish, and wanted to acquire in the near future.Dell on Monday, after months of expectation to do so, announced that it would be acquiring its publicly traded stock that shows the parallel performance of VMware. After this, the shareholding structure of the two companies is cleared. Apparently, about 82% of VMware is owned by Dell, of this 50% is owned by the tracking stock DVMT owners, while 32% is owned by the founder Michael Dell and Silver Lake, a private equity firm. The last 18% of the remaining part of VMware is publicly traded. Now, after Dell’s deal, it will own 82% of the VMware, but since it chooses to remain the public traded company, the remaining 18% of the company will still be owned by the public shareholders.

Spotlight

Mitel

Powering more than 2 billion connections every day, Mitel helps businesses connect, collaborate and take care of customers.

OTHER ARTICLES

Accelerating 5G vRAN: The Case for GPUs

Article | April 1, 2020

The pace of 5G rollouts in 2019 surpassed expectations, and in 2020 the momentum is only increasing. So far, 5G usage has been predominantly 4G-style mobile broadband (MBB) services driving smartphone traffic growth. By the end of 2019, global mobile data traffic was around 40 exabytes (EB) per month and by 2025 we expect 160 EB, with video-related streaming accounting for about three-quarters of the total. Beyond MBB, 5G will allow service providers to address more of the IT value chain as they accommodate and enable an emerging range of enterprise applications and services. What will it take to spur this next wave of 5G across a broad spectrum of use-cases? RAN virtualization is a key element to the story of 5G reaching beyond MBB.

Read More

Security Cited as Top Public Cloud Inhibitor

Article | March 25, 2020

Barracuda Networks commissioned a survey to explore the enterprise digital transformation in which the use of public cloud computing platforms is key, seeking to gauge the impact of security roadblocks and how they can be overcome. The unsurprising results confirmed that organizations are indeed moving their computing infrastructure to public clouds, and that security is the top concern restricting faster adoption. What's more, the number of organizations that report being attacked by cybersecurity villains has increased, affecting three quarters of respondents, up from 56 percent in 2017.

Read More

Hyperconverged Infrastructure for Remote/Branch Offices & Edge Computing

Article | February 10, 2020

Hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) is playing a significant role in building an enterprise multi-cloud environment. The benefits are well documented – you can learn more about them in a new white paper developed in collaboration with ViON, Fujitsu, and Nutanix, “Simplifying Multi-Cloud and Securing Mission Progress.” In addition to driving a cloud foundation, hyperconverged infrastructure is driving other use cases. In our first blog, we examined the impact that HCI can have in a disaster recovery solution. In this installment, we’ll discuss how HCI is changing the dynamics for remote offices and edge computing.

Read More

Why America Must win the Race to 5G

Article | March 15, 2020

The United States has entered another technology duel on par with the space race—the race for the 5G network. It will revolutionize digital interconnectivity through enhanced data processing and storage capacity. The Chinese technology giant Huawei is capturing the 5G telecommunications equipment industry worldwide. Huawei promotes contracts covering every aspect of the 5G network from financing to installation. The United States is concerned that the company’s growth amplifies China’s political sway and brings security vulnerabilities. Huawei is subservient to the communist government under Chinese law. Multiple governments have indicted Huawei for espionage, theft, bribery, and corruption. The United States has added to these charges obstruction of justice, fraud, and illicit sales to the rogue regimes of Iran and North Korea. As the West and China haggle over the 5G market, several nations face a telling choice. To meet the 5G challenge, the United States should negotiate trade agreements on end-to-end 5G services, create supply chains for upcoming virtualized 5G networks, support alternate suppliers, and invest in domestic research to dampen Huawei’s expansion.

Read More