VIRTUAL DESKTOP TOOLS
XTREME-D | August 28, 2021
XTREME-D announced the launch of a new instance on its baremetal high-speed computing environment. The new instance, named G4 for the company’s fourth-generation model, was developed as an all-in-one solution using AXXE-L One, XTREME-D’s first server product
AXXE-L by XTREME-D is an HPC Environment as a Service, a framework that supports both on-premise and cloud environments and allows users to run all HPC jobs using the same process, regardless of environment. AXXE-L provides all major software stack components required to run HPC/AI jobs and is designed to do everything via a web browser. AXXE-L One is an appliance that comes with AXXE-L pre-installed, providing the key components required to run HPC/AI jobs out-of-the-box.
XTREME-D’s new G4 instance consists of compute nodes equipped with AMD’s newest EPYC 7003 series processor running at 2.0 GHz. The instance supports a maximum of 128 cores and 1 TB main memory per node and features a large-scale, high-speed file system paired with Lustre storage from DataDirect Networks and Isilon storage from Dell Technologies. All nodes are connected using NVIDIA Mellanox InfiniBand at 100 Gbps.
Some compute nodes are equipped with NVIDIA A100 GPUs, and others with V100s in order to support GPGPUs under Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). The G4 instance is available to all AXXE-L customers who subscribe to XTREME-D’s Shared and Dedicated plans, which offer AXXE-L in combination with XTREME-D’s baremetal high-speed computing environment. Both plans are offered in a subscription model so that users can take advantage of the latest equipment without needing to purchase pricy state-of-the-art hardware.
The new G4 instance is deployed with AXXE-L One, XTREME-D’s first server product, and is built as a baremetal high-speed computing environment consisting of various nodes, including compute nodes (AXXE-L One for Compute), a management server, and storage, along with a high-speed file system. AXXE-L One was developed to provide customers with the best hardware environment for running HPC/AI workloads using AXXE-L, and forms the backbone of XTREME-D’s Shared and Dedicated access plans.
The G4 instance is deployed in a data center operated by XTREME-D’s data center partner MC Digital Realty, Inc., at which the company has built the last three generations of its baremetal high-speed computing environment. With the launch of the G4, XTREME-D and MC Digital Realty will further strengthen their collaboration and promote the latter’s PlatformDIGITAL infrastructure environment. PlatformDIGITAL was launched to meet the needs of all businesses with its ability to respond rapidly to exponential digital change and therefore quickly meet customers’ ever-changing business needs.
“We are very happy that the new G4 instance is up and running. This is the fourth generation of XTREME-D’s computing instance, and it’s clear that XTREME-D, our first colocation customer in Japan, is expanding steadily,” said Futoshi Kimishima, Vice President of Sales at MC Digital Realty, Inc. “In today’s social environment of digital transformation, demand for data centers is expected to increase worldwide. We will continue to strengthen our collaboration with XTREME-D to provide a stable digital infrastructure that supports customers in this social environment.”
“The new G4 instance announced today, deployed on our new server product, AXXE-L One, uses the latest CPUs, interconnects, and file systems,” said Naoki Shibata, Founder and CEO of XTREME-D. “Just like all previous instances, our servers will be installed in MC Digital Realty’s data center, which boasts world-class security and quality, and will provide open access to Digital Realty’s ecosystem of carrier-neutral businesses. We will continue to provide our customers with a high-quality R&D platform while deepening our technical collaboration with PlatformDIGITAL.”
XTREME-D Inc. was established in February 2015 with headquarters in Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan and offices in San Mateo, California, USA. The award-winning, VC-funded company offers an HPC System Software as a Service framework called AXXE-L by XTREME-D, which supports both on-premise and cloud HPC environments and allows users to run all HPC jobs using the same process, regardless of environment. XTREME-D’s leadership team averages 20 years of experience as HPC cloud architects and technologists.
Cameyo | June 18, 2020
Cameyo, the virtual application delivery platform that delivers Windows and internal web applications to any device from the browser without the need for VPNs.
Cameyo's virtual application delivery platform is a key enabler of all three of those trends, making it extremely simple and cost-productive to provide access to legacy applications on any device, from the browser.
Unlike Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Desktop as a Service (DaaS) products that take months to deploy and saddle organizations with ongoing cost and complexity, Cameyo can be deployed in hours for a fraction of the cost.
Cameyo, the virtual application delivery platform that delivers Windows and internal web applications to any device from the browser without the need for VPNs, today announced it has partnered with ASG Africa, a premier IT solutions and services provider, to make Cameyo available to all organizations throughout Africa and the Middle East on Microsoft Azure. Organizations who need to provide their people with secure access to Windows and internal web apps from the browser can now experience all of the benefits of Cameyo within their own instance of Azure.
ASG Africa has a long history of working with large enterprises to meet their digital transformation, remote work, and legacy application migration needs. Cameyo's virtual application delivery platform is a key enabler of all three of those trends, making it extremely simple and cost-productive to provide access to legacy applications on any device, from the browser. And as Azure becomes the cloud platform of choice for many organizations, this enables us to give our Azure customers - and those looking to move to Azure - the best possible experience with Cameyo,
Vaughn Atkins, Sales Manager at ASG Africa.
Read More: Connectify Launches Speedify 10 VPN Service That Uses All Your Internet Connections at Once
Together, ASG Africa and Cameyo are helping organizations of all sizes enable:
• Remote Work and the Modern Workplace - Whether organizations are looking for immediate solutions to enable fully-remote teams or long-term solutions that support a hybrid office/home workplace after COVID-19, Cameyo ensures that all employees maintain access to their business-critical applications from anywhere. And Cameyo's NoVPN capabilities deliver both Windows and internal web apps to any device without the need for VPNs.
• Digital Transformation - As organizations shift to the cloud, they still need to provide people with access to the critical legacy Windows applications they need to stay productive – even if those apps haven't been web-enabled. Unlike Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Desktop as a Service (DaaS) products that take months to deploy and saddle organizations with ongoing cost and complexity, Cameyo can be deployed in hours for a fraction of the cost.
• Legacy Application Modernization - Cameyo enables Independent Software Providers (ISVs) to deliver their legacy software as a service with zero development. Cameyo also helps them automate the sales process by giving customers instant access to software free trials from the web with no downloads or installation required.
Bring Your Own Azure
Cameyo is a built-for-the-cloud virtual application delivery platform, and as such has always worked seamlessly in any environment. Organizations throughout MEA are adopting Azure to enable large-scale remote work today, but also to prepare for the 'new normal' after COVID-19. By extending our advanced features that were previously only available in our fully hosted service to Azure, ASG Africa's customers can now experience the full cost savings, enhanced user experience, and infrastructure reduction benefits of Cameyo while bringing their own existing Azure cloud - or by working with ASG to move to Azure,
Andrew Miller, Co-Founder and CEO of Cameyo.
Beginning today, ASG Africa customers can experience the following benefits of Cameyo:
• Greater Control and Compliance – Simplified compliance for organizations in highly-regulated industries by utilizing Cameyo within their own instance of Azure.
• Cost Savings – With Cameyo advanced provisioning, Azure customers have access to features like elasticity and usage optimization to dynamically spin servers up and down based on demand and automatically move servers into hibernation mode ensuring organizations don't pay for 24/7 servers when they aren't being used.
• Enhanced User Experience – Cameyo's Session Sync technology enables a user's settings and files follow them from session to session, ensuring a seamless user experience. And because Cameyo enables users to experience the full desktop version of their applications directly from the browser, users have nothing new to learn.
• Infrastructure Reduction – Unlike VDI which increases the infrastructure you need to manage, and therefore the cost and complexity, Cameyo's cloud-native platform reduces infrastructure and costs by up to 80% compared to Citrix/VDI.
• Increased Security – By separating applications from the OS and making them available via the browser, Cameyo helps ensure that malware on the user's machine doesn't have access to their application sessions. And Cameyo's RDP Port Shield technology proactively protects customers from RDP vulnerabilities that can lead to brute force attacks and ransomware.
Any organization can get started with Cameyo in minutes by loading the applications they want to publish to their users to the Cameyo platform. Cameyo seamlessly integrates with Office 365, G Suite, Okta, Ping ID and most Single Sign-On (SSO) providers giving organizations the ability to manage authentication, permissions, users, and groups with no additional work. Once published, the organization's users can securely access all of these legacy Windows apps from the browser, enabling them to utilize the apps on any device. Users can start work on one device and finish on another thanks to Cameyo's Session Sync technology that provides data resiliency across sessions.
Pricing and Availability
For organizations throughout MEA, Cameyo is available via ASG Africa immediately. For organizations looking to move to Azure, ASG Africa can get them set up on local instances of Azure depending on location. For organizations in South Africa, ASG Africa will be working with Tarsus on Demand, a world-class Indirect CSP provider, to provide a local version of Azure.
Read More: Orchid’s decentralized VPN will price bandwidth using Chainlink
Cameyo is a cloud-native virtual application delivery platform that enables the secure delivery of Windows and internal web applications to any device from the browser without the need for VPNs. By enabling organizations to provide their people with access to the business-critical apps they need to stay productive from anywhere, Cameyo helps make Remote Work, work. Hundreds of enterprises and organizations utilize Cameyo's virtual application delivery platform to deliver Windows and internal web applications to hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.
Spectrum Evolution Inc. | October 12, 2020
Spectrum Evolution Inc. (SEI) and VSatcast Inc. (VSI) announce the successful implementation of the first “touchless deployment” of a Network Function Virtualization (NFV), cloud-hosted, Broadcast Internet service. This is a significant step in deploying the broadcast component of the 5G network and delivering broadband content and data services to home, office, and mobile end users on a one-to-everyone basis. Massive demand for video streaming creates bottlenecks across the internet, as thousands of separate files of the same content are individually transmitted to viewers. The SEI and VSI hybrid broadcast-broadband network will pre-position popular video content in consumer homes, eliminating IP bandwidth bottlenecks and maintaining content quality.